Date(s) - 06/20/2017
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Stepping Up, Toe-to-Toe, to Sensitive Conversations in the Workplace
Lunch/Networking starts at 11:30 AM
Program starts at 12:00 PM and ends at 1:30 PM
At a time when our country is divided, our political climate is heated, and our workplaces are a bit tense, having courageous conversations is more important than ever.
Join the Atlanta Diversity Management Advocacy Group for a luncheon dialogue to explore a framework for how to navigate difficult/sensitive D&I-related conversations, and communication tips for directly confronting prejudice, bias, and stereotypical comments. Participants will learn key principles for having authentic conversations, as well as:
- strategies for courageously challenging the perspectives – and tactfully improving the awareness – of D&I offenders
- low risk ways to make powerful statements during volatile D&I confrontations
- skills for navigating “touchy” D&I-related conversations, while mitigating resentment and strained relationships
- the art of apology and reconciliation, and other strategies for owning up to D&I-related mistakes that have offended others
- Cheryl Cofield, Chief Dialogue Officer & Director of Culture, Inclusion & Engagement, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Tamika Curry Smith, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Mercedes-Benz USA
- Nzinga Shaw, SVP, Community and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena
You must be logged in to register for this event.